Special Notice for Verifone VX520 & VX805 Merchants
Do you have merchants using a Verifone VX520 terminal or VX805 PIN pad? Because of a software issue, these merchants may soon experience a continual reboot of their device or it may become completely inoperable.
If merchants do not receive a new download before April 30, 2020, they will be unable to process transactions.
Our goal is to make this transition as easy as possible for you and your merchants. Here are two options to make sure your merchants don’t experience issues processing transactions.
Step 1. Identify the merchants front-end processor.
You can find this in the terminal application.
- Press purple “More” key on left side until you see “Help”.
- Press “Function” button to the right “Help” (either “F4” or “F1”).
- Look for “Processor.” It will either say “TSYS” or “GLBE” (Global).
- Choose your connection type. If you have Dial-Up, choose Dial-Up. If you have just Internet / ISP or both options, choose Internet
Step 2. Determine if the merchant needs a software update.
Click on the links to determine if the merchant is using an outdated application on their VX520.
Step 3. Send the merchant download instructions.
How long will the download take? It depends on the device and the merchant’s connection.
- VX520 with no PIN pad: dial = 1.5 hours; IP = 30 minutes
- VX805 PIN pad: dial = 4 hours; IP = 1 hour
What should the merchant do if the download fails? If the download fails, please ask the merchant to try one more time.
What if the download fails again? If the merchant is still having trouble after multiple attempts, please have them call Customer & Technical Support at 866.435.0666, Option 1.