Get to know Clearent’s Empower Program.
With Clearent’s Empower Program, you can legally share your credit card processing costs with your customers. Whether you decide to add a surcharge or non-cash adjustment on each transaction or offer a discount for customers paying with cash, we empower your profits and will help you pick the pricing structure that works best for your business and your customers.
In 2019, business owners who participate in the Empower Program are projected to save $8,400,000 in processing fees. This breaks down into an average of $9,500 a year per business.
Not sure which program is best for you? Here’s a quick overview of three ways you can keep more of your profits where they belong – in your pocket.
- True Cash Discounting – A true cash discount is when a business offers a discount to customers who pay by cash, check or store-branded gift card, instead of with a credit or debit card.
- Non-Cash Adjustment – Implementing a non-cash adjustment is another way business owners can offer a discount off of their listed, stated and advertised prices. Customers who pay with credit and debit cards do not receive the discount and will notice a non-cash adjustment on their receipt.
- Surcharging – Surcharging is when a business owner applies a fee to a customer who pays by credit. It’s important to note that surcharging is prohibited in six states (Colorado, Connecticut, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts and Oklahoma) and requires business owners to follow a few additional steps so they are in compliance with the card brands.
Our promise to you
- Transparent pricing
- No hidden fees
- Accept all card types and ways to pay
- Friendly, reliable customer service
- 24/7 access to your account
Inside our Empower Program
You may also be
Accept payments on your website without the data security baggage. Hosted payment pages and buttons are easy to install, fully customizable and PCI compliant.Learn More
Manage customer payment plans without storing sensitive card information in your system and get paid on time, every time.Learn More
Take the Next Step
Let us show you how to offer your customers a discount on cash and check payments and keep more of your profits where they belong - in your pocket.GET STARTED